Auto NFS Mounting

Ken Adams adams.ken.j at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 28 20:04:49 UTC 2009

Hi People

Right, to start I will explain what I have on my lan...

Server - 3 nfs exports setup to share over the home network.
Laptop - I use this to do all my work
Wireless Access - Used to connect my laptop to the lan and internet when
I am at home.

If I only used my laptop at home, I could add the nfs shares to
my /etc/fstab file to automatically mount the shares on boot. As I use
the laptop away from home, this would understandably cause problems.

I have set NM to manually set the IP number when it connects via my home
access point.

Is there a way I can run a script whenever my laptop connects to the
home AP. In this script I could then mount the nfs shares.

Rgds Ken