installing ubuntu 9.04 on laptop

Fred Roller froller at tnclimited.com
Mon Sep 28 00:45:39 UTC 2009

Reeyarn wrote:

> 2009/9/24 Pushparaj Shetty <shettypraj at gmail.com
> <mailto:shettypraj at gmail.com>>
>
>     I want to install ubuntu9.04 on my laptop. which one would you
>     recommend? the Desktop version or Notebook version?
>     I'm using DELL studio laptop with P8600 2.4GHz procesoor.
>

> I think there isn't a notebook version but a "netbook remix" version.
> There are 3 versions of ubuntu:
> Desktop, Server, Netbook remix.
>
> Since your dell studio laptop has a P8600 processor,
> I think netbook remix doesn't fit with you.
>
> Suggest you choose the desktop version.
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> Reeyarn T. Lee 李智洋
>
> Accounting Dept, Guanghua School of Management,
> Peking University, Bei
I agree with Reeyarn. The netbook remix is more for the mini notebooks
which have become popular. I have tried the remix on a number of laptops
and the drivers were pretty much hit or miss. The desktop version has
come quite a long way in supporting laptops (Aspire 7520 here) in the
last couple of years.

--
Fred
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like linux, simple.  If you are fighting it you are doing something wrong."