mount.nfs:connection timed out

Linda haniganwork at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 25 14:21:33 UTC 2009

I'am looking for suggestions to solve a nfs problem. I did the updates
of 8.04.3 LTS  that required a reboot this week. I have several
directories that are shared via nfs. After I rebooted the machines one
of the nfs directories would not mount on the client. The directory is
for an external usb hard drive used for backups. I tried unmounting the
directory and remounting it on the server than doing a exportfs -rav It
shows it exports the directory to the right ip address. However the
client continues to give me the error mount.nfs.connection:connection
timed out. I am at a loss to why this one directory will not mount on
the client when all the other nfs directories are working fine. The usb
drive is properly mounted on the server. Any ideas on what could be
going on?
          Thanks
            Linda