OT: Network Cable Tester

Roger Neth Jr baypos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 23:49:53 UTC 2009

The Fluke 620 is probably the easiest tester to use. You have to wire
correctly by wiring standards. Then you can use the tester to test your wire
connection. The tester will give you the wire map e.g. 12364578 or cross
over 36124578. An open could look like this 123o45o8. The Fluke 620 also
gives you a nice audible sound if a cable passes or not. The Fluke 620 has
always worked for me on cat 5 and 5e.

I also had a more expensive Fluke LinkRunner, but never used it as the Fluke
620 did the job much simpler.

Roger