usb printer

Joseph ubuntu at e-pops.org
Thu Sep 24 17:43:15 UTC 2009

Andrew Farris wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-09-23 at 08:39 -0600, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>     If it IS the default and it doesn't work, then since HP is so good, what is left but a bad printer?
>>

> Corrupted printer driver, incorrect configuration, unsupported printer(HP has them as well), bad cable, failing/bad USB port on the PC...
>
> Most of these can be easily taken care of with simple checks... but as the OP has already solved his problem by installing a newer version of hplip from http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/gethplip.html , my suspicion is that the printer was unsupported/badly supported under the version of hplip 3.9.2 that shipped with ubuntu...

Andrew, I thought I'd replied to this, but I don't see it in my
folder...   I did indeed install the new hplip, and it still is not
working.  The printer was indeed working nicely, both scanning, and
printing....   so it was apparently well supported at first.

--

Joseph Snurr
Cotter, AR.

"Age mellows some people; others it makes rotten." - Heard in Arkansas
Our May 2009 trip to the Memphis Zoo:    http://e-pops.org/memphiszoo/