Ubuntu and static IP address

dfox94085 dfox94085 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 15:25:12 UTC 2009

On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com> wrote:

>        I never though it would be so difficult. I tried several
> ideas from a Google search and 100% of then failed! I think it

What I ended up doing was copy my old /etc/network/interfaces file
from a working Debian install initially. I have fixed IP here, since 2
years. When I set up Hardy originally in May 2008, I just avoided
network-manager on the desktop. After a couple upgrade cycles
(Intrepid & Jaunty) I still have to go back to the
/etc/network/interfaces file. I still can connect though, although my
IP ends in .91 when it should end in .187. But it still works, and I
really don't do any services here.

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.