Ubuntu and static IP address

David Curtis dcurtis at uniserve.com
Thu Sep 24 14:55:15 UTC 2009

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 07:46:46 -0400
Steve Reilly <sfreilly at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>
> > 	Steve, how do you find out what your Gateway is? My router
> > might be 192.168.2.0 but not certain.
> >

> > 	No right now I am using network manager on 9.04 but it is
> > easy to change!
> >

> > Karl
> >

> depends on what router your using, and if youve changed it from
> factory setting or not.  if you havent changed it, check the manual
> or try that 2.0 one in a browser, see if you get the web config.

Impossible, nothing will ever have a 0 or 255 as a number in an IP
address. More than likely if your computer(s) receive 192.168.2.x
IP addresses than the router will be on that subnet as 192.168.2.1 or
192.168.2.254. If not you could do a ping scan from 1 to 254, or check
your documentation/google.

Dave