CUPS Printer Support Not Working...

Nils Kassube kassube at gmx.net
Wed Sep 23 19:42:58 UTC 2009

Joseph wrote:
> >> I'm using the Jaunty Jackalope.

> >> I looked at the printer configuration at
> >> System/Administration/Printing which says the printer is "Not
> >> Connected"

> >> Now what can I do to get the printer/scanner working (both are not
> >> working)?

> The printer is a three month old HP Officejet J4540 all-in-one.

The hplip driver coming with Jaunty is broken. It doesn't provide the
necessary step to allow you to accept the lisence for the proprietary
driver needed for your printer. Please download and install the latest
version of the hplip package from [1]. Sorry, I can't tell you what to
do about the scanner part.

Nils

[1] <http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/officejet/officejet_j4500_series.html>