Creating and restoring image backups

J Bickhard jbickhard at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 11:39:41 UTC 2009

Okay, I went into the teminal and typed in

sudo dd if=/media/disk-1 of=/media/disk/disk.img

It said

dd: reading `/media/disk-1': Is a directory
0+0 records in
0+0 records out
0 bytes (0 B) copied, 0.00120255 s, 0.0 kB/s

Then I was back at the prompt, I tried to close the window, but it
said that the windows was running a process, so I figured it was
running in the background. 12 hours later, I come back to find
disk.img on my external drive, but it has a size of 0. Nothing. Zippo.

What did I do wrong THIS time?

Jake (dats me)