OT: The semantics of the terms PC/Mac

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 21:23:32 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Steve Flynn <anothermindbomb at gmail.com> wrote:
> As an aside, it irks me greatly to see people referring to Windows as
> "Windoze" or derivations thereof. Why not called it by its real name?

Microsloth Windows - /mi:'kroh-sloth" win"dohz/ (Or "Windoze",
/win'dohz/) A derogatory term for Microsoft Windows [...snip...]. Also
called just "Windoze", with the implication that you can fall asleep
waiting for it to do anything; the latter term is extremely common on
Usenet.

I've heard/seen it as a verb too - "he windozed while waiting for the
program to load..."

Take with a grain of salt, of course ;)

Chris