Enquiry: playing audio & video

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 21 17:04:07 UTC 2009

On 09/11/2009 03:25 AM, John Dias wrote:
> Dear all,
> I am a new user of Ubantu.
> 1. I am interested to watch movies of MPEG file, VLC files, FLV files.
> 2. And interested to enjoy music of Mp3 files
>
> How to play all these files in Ubantu?

Now is a good time to familiarise yourself with:

https://help.ubuntu.com/
https://help.ubuntu.com/9.04/index.html
https://help.ubuntu.com/9.04/musicvideophotos/C/index.html

And:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CommonQuestions
<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CommonQuestions#MP3/Divx/DVDs/Quicktime/Realmedia/Flash/Java>
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RestrictedFormats

All of those pages used the Google search engine to search within the
documentation. So you can use standard 'Google' search terms (i.e., "MP3
+VLC").

Not trying to 'RTFM' you; instead trying to show you how to use the
wealth of official & community documentation available.