UBUNTU 8.04 INSTALL FAIL

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 06:06:11 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-09-20 at 17:34 -0400, Arthur Goldberg wrote:
[snip]
> "Check CD for Defects" says "Loading Linux Kernel", progresses to 13%,
> and then reports "I/O error, Error reading boot CD. Reboot"

Sounds like a bad CD burn, or a corrupted ISO image.

First, verify that the ISO is not at fault by following the directions
here: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

Once you've verified that your disk image is good, try re-burning the CD
at the lowest possible speed you can, and boot with it again. That
should be it.

Hope that helps!

--
Andrew