exchange calendar sync with google calendar

Sun Sep 20 16:54:17 UTC 2009

Derek Broughton <derek at pointerstop.ca> wrote:

> dirk.estievenart at gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Exchange is _the_ vendor lock-in tool of M$. One exchange server
> > and all your clients are garanteed Windooz!
>
> Actually no.  Evolution does a pretty good job for me accessing the
> damned corporate Exchange server.

Which version, and how was it installed?
I've _never_ managed to get Evolution to work anywhere near
satisfactorily with our Exchange server. It often manages mail, trips
over a bit with the calendar, and completely fails with the tasks. The
exchange server backend component crashes frequently.
I've only ever tried the repository versions under Debian and Ubuntu,
but those experiences have put me off going through the hassle of
trying building it myself. I am given a Windows box, so I don't _need_
my Linux one to do my mail.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk ;)