partitioning server

Patton Echols p.echols at comcast.net
Sun Sep 20 04:26:42 UTC 2009

I am building a server that will have fairly low traffic for home use.
The primary uses are data storage and backup for a mixed linux/windows
home network and offsite / remote backup of my office network.  It is to
be a three disk system, the "small" disk, 200gb, will hold the OS and a
pair of 1tb drives will be configured RAID 1 for the data.

Since this is the first time I have built a server, I don't know if
there are best practices for what should go where.  Anyone have thoughts
they can share?