Advice - bad RAM

Rei Shinozuka shino at panix.com
Sun Sep 20 01:34:46 UTC 2009

i had a flaky system (Jaunty amd64) which turned out to be a bad stick
of memory (4gb).  memtest86 was throwing hundred of errors.   I was
frankly happy that it was a memory stick rather than some other piece of
hardware or software misconfiguration.  When I replaced the stick, my
problems went away.

-rei