What happens after 18 months?

Andrew Farris flyindragon1 at aol.com
Sun Sep 20 01:03:30 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-09-20 at 07:51 +0700, Lê Quốc Tuấn wrote:
> after 18 months (or less if you like), you can upgrade to next version
> (or install new)
> or you also use the LTS version for 3 years support

please dont send HTML mail, and please don't top-post. I

But no, you're not 'on your own,' and you are _Never_ _Required_ to pay
for ubuntu. Maybe you missed this note here on the homepage
www.ubuntu.com
        The Ubuntu promise
              * Ubuntu will always be free of charge, including
                enterprise releases and security updates.
              * Ubuntu comes with full commercial support from Canonical
                and hundreds of companies around the world.
              * Ubuntu includes the very best translations and
                accessibility infrastructure that the free software
                community has to offer.
              * Ubuntu CDs contain only free software applications; we
                encourage you to use free and open source software,
                improve it and pass it on.

or you didnt get to this page:
http://www.ubuntu.com/community/ubuntustory/philosophy