PPPOE+DLINK DSL 520B

Mark C. Miller mr.mcmiller at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 20:23:25 UTC 2009

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 14:29:44 +0800, wayan adjust wrote:

I have a Netgear Router.  I tried to ping it for fun the other day, and
it didn't work.  I have it set for remote management, so I logged in and
everything looked correct.  After posing the question in another forum, I
was told most routers come with "ping" turned off.  It apparently is a
security issue.  I didn't pursue it as it wasn't a big deal for me, but
might your router also have "ping" response turned off?

mcm

--
Mark C. Miller