remote desktop problem

Patton Echols p.echols at comcast.net
Fri Sep 18 20:14:58 UTC 2009

On 09/18/2009 12:44 PM, Cybe R. Wizard wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 12:23:30 -0700
> Patton Echols <p.echols at comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> Second, in another thread someone said to be sure to turn off
>> compiz. Ok, how do I do that?  And then turn it back on?  W/o
>> breaking something?
>>

> Get the fusion-icon, at least for Hardy.  Right click and choose your
> manager from the list.
>
> Cybe R. Wizard

I will check that out.

Is there a command line way to do it?  If I don't know that I will need
to access my desk computer I might not click the icon.  What I'd like to
be able to do is set up the ssh tunnel with port forwarding, from that
command line, turn off compiz remotely, then start the VNC viewer.  Is
that possible?

Thanks

--PE