Video query

Patton Echols p.echols at comcast.net
Thu Sep 17 06:16:31 UTC 2009

On 09/16/2009 05:29 PM, Winton Vandepeer wrote:
> Hi,
> has anyone any ideas as to software to make up a dvd from a camera
> that doesn't have
> a firewire connection ?  Camera JVC   G series  GZ-MG730. (inbuilt
> hard drive)
> My personal Video camera has a firewire connection and I can use Kino,
> but I cannot get this to capture
> from a usb connection.

You mean to get the videos off of the camera so you can load them into
Kino?  I googled the camera you gave and found an article that included
this:

"If you ignore the software on CD you will see the camera as a memory
stick and be able to copy/paste the videos and photos to your computer
freely which is very nice."

Article is this one
http://www.hdcameraguide.com/camcorder/jvc/jvc-gz-mg730-hd-camcorder

Have you tried this?  What happens when you plug the video camera in?