How to use XAMPP in Ubuntu

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 15 20:56:59 UTC 2009

On 09/14/2009 01:25 PM, ashwin1711 wrote:
> On 14/09/2009, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>> On 09/10/2009 12:06 AM, ashwin1711 wrote:
>>> I searched it already but its not perfectly get answer
>>
>> Please bottom post.
>>
>> <http://www.google.com/search?complete=0&hl=en&q=ubuntu+%2BXAMPP&btnG=Search>
>>
>> First link:
>> Others:
>> http://www.ubuntuts.com/how-to-install-xampp-on-ubuntu/
>>

>> --
>>

> I have done all the process to upload xampp
> till to this cammand
>
> gedit ~/.local/share/applications/xampp-control-panel.desktop
>
> and also copy and paste after another window open
>
> and save it.
> then in the note says
>  "XAMPP Control Panel" will show up in your applications menu under
> Internet. Use the Alacarte Menu Editor to move it around.
> then i have type alacarte in termin then i got this massage
>
> ashwin at ashwin-laptop:~$ alacarte
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Alacarte/MainWindow.py", line
> 574, in on_move_up_button_clicked
>     self.editor.moveItem(item, item.get_parent(), before=before)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Alacarte/MenuEditor.py", line
> 306, in moveItem
>     self.__positionItem(new_parent, item, before, after)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Alacarte/MenuEditor.py", line
> 704, in __positionItem
>     menu_xml = self.__getXmlMenu(self.__getPath(parent), dom, dom)
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/Alacarte/MenuEditor.py", line
> 477, in __getPath
>     path = menu.tree.root.get_menu_id()
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'root'
>
> please help me
>
> thank you in advance

Something in your alacarte is messed up. That command should bring up
the alacarte application (same as if you were to right-click on
'Applications|Edit Menus'). Which indicates to me that you've got
something wrong with your basic Ubuntu installation. You can try:

$ sudo apt-get install --reinstall alacarte

and see if that resolved the issue.