Remote execution of a program

Brian McKee brian.mckee at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 19:31:50 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 11:42 PM, Keith Clark
<keithclark at k-wbookworm.com> wrote:
> How can I log into another computer via ssh, start a gui application,
> then log out and leave it running on the remote computer.  Is this even
> possible?

Reading through this loooong thread it sounds like you want to run
Transmission in daemon mode.
It starts in the background and gives you a nice web server interface.
I run it at home.

On hardy it's still called 'clutch'  - Somewhere along the line they
just started building it into Transmission proper, so for newer
releases you'll have to check.

 Clutch uses PHP5 with an AJAX and plain HTML interface to provide an extremely
 powerful torrenting client from any web browser. It is powered by the
 Transmission bittorrent daemon and supports all the features the installed
 version of transmission supports.
Homepage: http://clutchbt.com/

See http://trac.transmissionbt.com/wiki/WebInterface