wireless on 9.04

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 20:41:24 UTC 2009

Shannon McMackin wrote:
> On 09/11/2009 09:18 AM, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
>> Shannon McMackin wrote:

>>> If you read what I wrote, I said I never had a problem with it.  When it
>>> asked me for a password, I gave it my user account password and never
>>> saw it again.  Therefore I'm not a liar.
>>>

>> 	Please tell us which versions you did this with.
>>

> When I did do a fresh install of Ubuntu and was prompted for a keyring
> password upon connecting to wireless was at least 2 years ago or more.
> If I had to make a guess, it was gutsy gibbon or feisty fawn.
>
> 2 weeks ago, I did a fresh install of Karmic Alpha4 and was not prompted
> for a keyring password upon wireless connection.  I was not prompted
> when I did a fresh install of jaunty, intrepid, hardy or gutsy.

	I am sorry. What you say is contrary to what I KNOW is fact. First you
can not have this problem with intrepid, hardy or gutsy since they have
no keyring software.

	I find the keyring problem in jaunty, as many others have also, and in
Karmic Alfa3 seen just by me so far.

	So what you say tells me you know far less about this problem than I
do. From now on I will just no longer discuss this with you.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User