wireless on 9.04

Shannon McMackin smcmackin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 19:43:51 UTC 2009

On 09/11/2009 09:16 AM, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> Shannon McMackin wrote:

>>> 	Hi oli, I was asked by Pedro to check the latest karmic which turned
>>> out to be Alfa 3, and the keychain problem was there in that version.
>>>
>>> karl
>>>

>> It wasn't there in Alpha2 or in Alpha4.  I don't think it's so much a
>> problem as it is a usage issue.
>>

> 	Please explain. "It wasn't there in Alpha2 or in Alfa4." What is it???
>
> 	When you installed those 2 versions (why I wonder?) did you set up for
> wireless use? If yes did you get a request to give a keyring a password?

Your issue or problem as you describe it did not happen to me after
fresh installs of Karmic Alpha2 or Karmic Alpha4.  I installed Karmic
because it offers a PAE kernel so I can use all 4gb of the installed
memory in my laptop.  I did connect to wireless immediately after fresh
installs and was not prompted for a keyring password.  These are both
default installs with no package customization.