Messengers and Music Players

Fred Roller froller at tnclimited.com
Fri Sep 11 12:04:12 UTC 2009

Jay Daniels wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 16:45 -0700, Minty Busby wrote:
>
>> At the moment, I'm using Rhythmbox.  I'm not exactly tied to it
>> emotionally,
>> but it seems to be nice.
>>

> I installed songbird, but I haven't used it much.  Looks like a nice
> itunes replacement.
>
> http://www.getdeb.net/app/Songbird
>

> jay

I have, though not with an mp3 player.  Nice enough software, *large*
selection of radio stations.  Just never found a way to dock it in the
panel and it crashed on regular basis.  Just went back to my Rhythmbox,
especially after figuring out how to reload my radio stations en-mass.
:-P  It may not be as pretty, but pretty costs processing power.

--
Fred
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like linux, simple.  If you are fighting it you are doing something wrong."