Messengers and Music Players

Fred Roller froller at
Fri Sep 11 12:04:12 UTC 2009

Jay Daniels wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-09-10 at 16:45 -0700, Minty Busby wrote:
>> At the moment, I'm using Rhythmbox.  I'm not exactly tied to it
>> emotionally,
>> but it seems to be nice.
> I installed songbird, but I haven't used it much.  Looks like a nice
> itunes replacement.
> jay
I have, though not with an mp3 player.  Nice enough software, *large*
selection of radio stations.  Just never found a way to dock it in the
panel and it crashed on regular basis.  Just went back to my Rhythmbox,
especially after figuring out how to reload my radio stations en-mass.
:-P  It may not be as pretty, but pretty costs processing power.

"Life is like linux, simple.  If you are fighting it you are doing something wrong."