Messengers and Music Players

Michael michaelg at seadreamer.net
Fri Sep 11 00:36:26 UTC 2009

Fred Roller wrote:
> Minty Busby wrote:
>
>> [snip]
>>
>> At the moment, I'm using Rhythmbox.  I'm not exactly tied to it emotionally,
>> but it seems to be nice.  It's never done anything I didn't like, so if
>> nothing changes, I'll probably keep using it.  It would be nice if it would
>> automatically save songs to its own music folder for the sake of the rare
>> occasion when I forget to mount my external drive before I launch it (the
>> drive happens to have about 700 MP3s on it, among other things).
>>
>> [snip]
>>
> Simply copy all your music to your "Music" folder then import the folder
> from within Rhythmbox:
>
>     Music->Import Folder
>
> Click on the "Music" folder and click Open.
>
> As for the other items, I don't use them often enough to be helpful.

I like Banshee, it will remember your music library, the big thing I
didn't like about Rhythmbox was that when the data was not mounted it
would start deleting songs from its library.

Music Applet will display song data in one of the panels get it from
Synaptic and set it for whatever media player you use.  It defaults to
Rhythmbox but will work with most players.