wireless on 9.04

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 14:55:42 UTC 2009

Oliver Grawert wrote:
> hi,
> Am Donnerstag, den 10.09.2009, 05:09 -0600 schrieb Karl F. Larsen:
>>  I discovered what keyring was made for, PGP when I set
>> that up.
> not really, gnome-keyring is a wallet carrying all your passwords so you
> need only a single passphrase to unlock access for applications that
> require passwords. GPG/PGP is only one single usecase ... it is for
> example also used if you have a nautilus connection to a ssh server set
> up or as you already noted for holding your wlan keys and many other
> things.
>
> ciao
> 	oli

	It appears that if you give the keyring the same password your using
for the system, it goes away and never bothers you. I think a plan would
be to, during installing your Ubuntu, the installer would give the
password you just gave the installer to the keyring. Problem solved.

karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User