Postfix mailbox location

Chan Chung Hang Christopher christopher.chan at bradbury.edu.hk
Thu Sep 10 14:37:54 UTC 2009

>>> Yes you can. Change your MAIL or MAILDIR env var to point to the new
>>> location.
>>>

> Irrelevant - since he's also got dovecot in there...

Yes, yes, I don't use the postfix lda local. Had to look up the man
page. I bet you are bitbucketing me seeing that you are not replying
directly to my posts and having to trim out other posters stuff. Maybe
you want to reconsider Derek.

>> I did this but received errors:
>>
>> cannot update mailbox /home/wadesmart/data/wadesmart/Maildir for user
>> wadesmart,
>> unable to create lock file
>> /home/wadesmart/data/wadesmart/Maildir.lock: no such file or directory
>>

> That's a whole different situation.  Christopher's suggest is for your mail
> _client_, not your MTA.

Christopher is not familiar with local since he uses virtual, maildrop
or dovecot's lda. So Christopher swallows humble pie and looks up the
man page for local.