top and bottom posting

Derek Broughton derek at pointerstop.ca
Thu Sep 10 13:19:07 UTC 2009

Jay Daniels wrote:

> It seems the reason that people want you to bottom post is because most
> people bottom post and if one person post at top it breaks the
> question/answer methodology of the chicken and egg problem.
>
> Now what if "everybody" top posted.  I think it would be much easier to
> read assuming you are reading the list from a news reader or an emailer
> that just marked read mail and not actually delete it until it's old.

#$%^  Every few weeks there's somebody else who wants us all to change just
to suit him.

NO IT WOULDN'T!

> If that was the case and everybody agreed, what would be wrong top
> posting, if anything?

I read hundreds of emails a day.  I think you're expecting a bit much of me
if you want me remember context or to track back through previous posts to
find it.  Trim, but retain the important context, and respond inline.
--
derek