Postfix mailbox location

Wade Smart wadesmart at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 19:23:37 UTC 2009

After getting my fetchmail to work properly (thanks guys :D)
postfix produced an error:

postfix/local: status = bounced (cannot update mailbox
/home/wadesmart/data/wadesmart/Maildir for user wadesmart.)

My mail was in /home/wadesmart/Maildir on my old system.
Now my old home is mounted as /data and my mail is located at
/data/wadesmart/Maildir.

I was reading the postfix manual and it says "Optional pathname of a
mailbox file relative to a local(8) user's home directory."
Im reading that to mean I cant put my mail where it is at - correct?
So can I not have it outside my /home directory?

Wade
---
Registered Linux User: #480675
Linux since June 2005