Invisible Text & Trouble Shooting Wireless [Solved Wireless]

Matthew A Coulliette matthewubuntu at cox.net
Wed Sep 9 00:17:24 UTC 2009

Hey again,

Matthew A Coulliette wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
>
> I am using Ubuntu 9.04 on my laptop. It was working perfectly for over 6
> months, however, recently 2 problems have crept up. I have been ignoring
> them, but I can't ignore them any more.
>
> 1. My wireless has stopped working, however, the network manager seems
> to work. All the wireless networks in the area show up and when I click
> on one it tries and then times out.
>
> 2. Some of the text in the menus on my computer turn invisible, (maybe
> white). Usually, it is the text in Gnome Panel or in Firefox.
>
> Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
> MatthewMPP

1. The problem I was having with my Network-Manager was actually a
problem with the default keyring. It seems that NetMang is automatically
linked with the a keyring. Since, I prefer to enter my PSKs myself, I
decided to install wicd, instead of NetMang.

2. Some of my menu text and data field text turns invisible. I turned
off Compiz, and that seemed to help some. However, it did not fix the
problem completely.

MatthewMPP