Problem with my 3Com 905c

Stefano Vettorazzi stefanovettorazzi at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 8 23:18:14 UTC 2009

> Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 18:20:50 -0400
> From: froller at tnclimited.com
> To: ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com
> Subject: Re: Problem with my 3Com 905c
>
> Stefano Vettorazzi wrote:
>
> [snip]
> > The result is: "01:0c.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905C-TX/TX-M [Tornado] (rev 78)"
> >
> > I have searched and tried various things all the week and without solution.
> >
> > I don't remember but I have redaded that 3c59x is the default driver, and it's loaded in my ubuntu.

> > ¿Quieres estar informado de lo que pasa en tu pais y el mundo? Lee MSN Noticias
> > http://noticias.latam.msn.com/
> >

> I am assuming you pinged your localhost and gateway and the results were
> slower than expected; >0.5ms. What are the various things you have
> tried to date? Would you happen to have another nic around or that you
> can barrow?
>
> --
> Fred
> www.fwrgallery.com
>
> "Life is like linux, simple. If you are fighting it you are doing something wrong."

No. The results are slower only when I make "ping xxxx" to internet. The problem isn't of my ISP because in Windows (in the same machine) work beautiful.

Things that I remember today:

 - Disable IPV6

 - Disable tcp_window_scalling, tcp_timestamps and tcp_sack

 - Install another Ubuntu's version (7.10 Desktop, 8.04 LTS Desktop, 9.04 Server, 9.04 Desktop)

 - Install Debian

 - Install Mandrake 8.1

 - Change the speed and the duplex mode

 - Autoconfigure the NIC with an 3Com tool

 - Add 3c59x to /etc/modules