Link Monitor Applet

Jay Daniels tux at myt60.net
Mon Sep 7 13:09:22 UTC 2009

For those how do not use this applet, the link monitor applet shows if
you are connected to the "internet" not the network like gnome's network
applet.  Therefore, you know if your "internet" or broadband connection
is down.  Very good tool.

In my opinion it is actually working backwards except for the fact that
no connection the applet correctly shows no scale.  This part works but
it should really show full scale on fast connection and low scale on
slow connection.

What I mean is this program is working backwards from what I expect.  An
indicator should work more like the nm-applet or the gnome network
applet indicator.

I would also like to know how to install the source deb of this applet
on my system to take a look at the source?

tia

jay