Ubuntu Installation Problem

Paul Moore paulmoore59 at cs.com
Wed Sep 2 01:24:23 UTC 2009

I am trying to install Ubuntu 9.04 for the first time on an older HP
Pavilion machine (Bought new 2000) that had Windows 98 SE on it.

The installer boot up fine. It goes through the first screen or two OK.

It the comes to the screen where it asks to choose a time zone. I did
that (America, New York), hit Forward, and it just sits there and does
not seem to be doing anything for 2+ hours. The mouse responds, etc,.
but it does not seem to be making progress.

Paul Moore
11 Ramapo Tr.
Branchburg, NJ 08876
908-722-3143