touchpad problem

Jay Daniels tux at myt60.net
Mon Sep 7 01:36:25 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-09-06 at 11:53 -0600, Karl F. Larsen wrote:
> ashwin1711 wrote:
> > Ok, i have a u-buntu cd which i ask to my friend to download it for me
> > so he did.now i incert it into my laptop but when i start it then my
> > touchpad it already nt working from last 31 august which i mention and
> > all about it in my last problem then ubuntu team people ask me to
> > download cd and make it diskless format but my touchpad nt working so
> > my question is that could i format my laptop from bios or do u hv any
> > solution
> > thank you in advance
> >
> 	Ashwin, why did you beg for a CD from a friend you KNOW you can't use
> because you touchpad is still broken?
>

> 73 Karl

I think I am beginning to see that when he says Touchpad he really means
IBM or Lenovo Thinkpad.

I have no idea what he's talking about when he says diskless format, usb
thumb drive perhaps.

Then he talks about low level formatting his disk from the bios.  That I
am aware of and he should NEVER do that!

Apparently, the guy cannot search google, hardly read and write english,
or install Linux on this touchpad!!!

I would throw him a bone if that would help, but he would probably stand
on the curb waiting for a car to come by and step out in front of it.  I
know I would...

jay