Cant click on anything once the computer boots up

Wade Smart wadesmart at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 13:53:14 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 20:56, NoOp<glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On 09/05/2009 06:43 PM, Wade Smart wrote:
>>
>> I have six usb ports so I started moving my mouse and keyboard around
>> to the other ones. None of the ports in the back seem to allow me to
>> click on anything but I can move the mouse and scroll. And the
>> keyboard can sometimes activate a item (clicking enter).
>>
>> I just discovered that the front usb ports though are working for both
>> my keyboard and mouse and I can click on things and work again. But
>> how do I trouble shoot the rear ones?
>
> Check the list archive... we've been through this before.

Good thing someone has :D

lsusb shows 8 usb ports, 6 1.1 and 2 2.0 ports.
I have six physical ports.
Plugging into them all and running lsusb - none of them are 2.0 ports.
When I plugged my keyboard and mouse back into the main rear ports to
run lsusb,
when I clicked on the screen with my mouse to see if they were woring
- the screen did this
flickering and then lsusb posted to the terminal screen. When I say
the screen, not the
monitor itself but what is shown on the screen.
My computer spec's show that the front panel and rear right ports are
usb 2.0 ports, though
lsusb isnt confirming this.

Wade
---