Create a bootable partition on a USB disk

Garfield071 denis.sicard at videotron.ca
Fri Sep 4 14:10:31 UTC 2009

Hi,

I want to boot Ubuntu from my 550 gig usb disk. My disk has been initialy
partiotionned with only one big partition. I have created a new NTFS
partition on the disk for this purpose with GPartEd. I have shrink the
current partition to free 50 Gig at the end of the disk and created the new
partition in this space. I have formatted it in NTFS format.

The problem is the "USB Startup Disk creator tool" doesn't see this new
partition. It sees only the old one. What do I have to do to make this
partition available for boot.

Thank you.