Ubuntu 6.06.2 on IBM xSeries 226: IPMI support? (resent without broken signature)

Kristian Rink kawazu at zimmer428.net
Thu Sep 3 18:28:09 UTC 2009

Hi there;

and first off, thanks loads for your hints on that...

NoOp schrieb:
> You check these?
> https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ipmitool/+bugs
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ipmitool/+bug/110992

Yes. And also tried to respect its resolution, however the dmesg dump makes
me think that this is not the issue I am suffering from. For that matters,
simply loading the modules manually also doesn't work...

> Also regarding dmidecode, see 'man dmidecode':
> <quote>
>        More often than not, information contained in the DMI tables is
> inaccurate, incomplete or simply wrong.
> </quote>

Yeah, I thought so. Yet I am not sure whether it's a tool issue or simply a
hardware limitation. Gonna try a newer distro version nevertheless and see
whether the problem will persist. :)

Kristian Rink
http://pictorial.zimmer428.net # kawazu at jabber.org
"What was once thought can never be unthought."
(Duerrenmatt - 'Die Physiker')