ubuntu or vista

Amedee Van Gasse (Ubuntu) amedee-ubuntu at amedee.be
Thu Sep 3 13:44:28 UTC 2009

On Sun, August 30, 2009 22:39, Gray Malkmus wrote:
> i am using vista home premium 64x bit on a dell wih 4 gb of ram intel core
> 2 duo 2.53 ghz processer and a 256 mb ati mobility raedon card. would
> ubuntu be considered a downgrade?

It depends where you ask the question.

On a Linux mailing list, the answer would be No.
On a Windows mailing list, the answer would be Yes.

I would say, it depends upon your needs. If you are a business user in a
corporate environment and depending on proprietary applications, stick
with Vista. If you are a home user with an interest in technology, go for
Linux. In all other cases, it really depends on your personal taste. Just
be happy that you have the freedom of choice.

--
Amedee