NEW Problem WITH UBUNTU STARTUP

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 2 19:05:13 UTC 2009

2009/9/2 ashwin1711 <ashwin1711 at gmail.com>:
> What is next should
> i do? do i believe that my data will not get me back nd here no one
> who could help me.ok plz tell me if i take my laptop hard disk then
> coule i connect with as an external hard disk where i could transfer
> data frm there.

A long time ago I advised that the first thing you should do is log on
as one of the users that still worked and backup all your data.  Did
you do that?  One of the things that is annoying people is that you do
not seem to take any notice of what we suggest.

If you cannot log on to the pc at all, even in recovery mode from the
boot window, then it may be that all you can do is get hold of an
ubuntu install cd, boot off it and then access the disk to get the
data off before re-installing.

Colin