Evolution vs. Thunderbird

Steve Lamb grey at dmiyu.org
Wed Sep 2 04:02:41 UTC 2009

David McNally wrote:
> So, which one do you folks think is better, and why?

    TBird because every time I tried to set up Evolution to work with my IMAP
server it would fail, hard.  Also Evolution has the holier-than-thou attitude
seeping through it.  Just try to set the word wrap on your emails to anything
other than 72, I dare ya!  Also it is modeled after the Lookout! model of
"email".  As in an email client is somehow supposed to be a PIM, Calendar and
Todo list as well.  Trying to do too much = failing to do any well.  TBird is
email, just email, nothing but email.