Hate SATA hard drives

Jay Daniels tux at myt60.net
Tue Sep 1 23:12:58 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-09-01 at 07:12 -0700, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> You guys are definitely not following the C of C. At least Karl tries
> to help when someone is not putting him down.  I find even his more
> snooty replies more enjoyable
> that both your comments.  Perhaps you should read the rules again if
> you ever have.
> Leonard Chatagnier

Some of Karl's (as well as other users) replies are just so basic they
are not helpful at all.  For instance, a user states he has trouble
getting email...  Karl suggest he may not be connected to the internet.
Although, that _is_ one of the possibilities, it is very unlikely that
the user did not notice this thus making Karl's post very unhelpful.

I think everyone should put a little experience and research into a
reply before they click the send button.  I cannot count the number of
times I have written a reply to a list, only to cancel my reply after
reading.

Over the years, I have been guilty of this myself, but today I am more
aware of what I say.  This is not a personal attack on Karl.  I just
used one of his post I recalled as an example.  We all have our bad
days.

jay