NEW Problem WITH UBUNTU STARTUP

Karl F. Larsen klarsen1 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 12:59:12 UTC 2009

ashwin1711 wrote:
> 2009/9/1 Derek Broughton <derek at pointerstop.ca>
>
>> ashwin1711 wrote:
>>
>>> HELL FRIENDS,
>>> I AM HAVING PROBLEM WITH MY LAPTOP BY FAULT I CHANGE THE FILE FROM
>>> HOME. I CHANGE IT FROM USERS AND GROUP.IT WAS IN BEFORE HOME/ASHWN AND
>>> I CHANGED IT HOME/ASHWIN
>>> AFTER LOGOUT I GOT FOLLOWING ERROR MSG IN BLACK SCREEN.AND AFTER TO
>>> REACH FINAL I COUD NT GET ENTERED COZ I COULD NOT MOVE MY MOUCE ON OK
>>> BUTTON WHICH MSG COMES IN FINAL.PLZ HELP ME
>> Please don't top-post, it makes it hard to have a conversation, and don't
>> ever write emails in all caps.  This is the last time I'm going to torture
>> myself...
>>
>> Boot into what the grub menu calls either "Single user" or "recovery" mode.
>> Set the ownership for the files back to what it should be.  Reboot.  And
>> never do that again...  You can't just randomly change the ownership of
>> files and expect things to work.
>> --
>> derek
>> Dear friend Derek,
>>
>                                 thank for your msg in last time.I got my
> real username back and the home also but now the problem is that I cant move
> the mouse its not working well.Could you please help me..
>

>> --

	It sounds to me like he just loaded some version of Ubuntu, but maybe
Fedora? He has never told us which Linux. But I think the proper
approach is to just reload the Linux you have and keep your fingers out
of the technical stuff. Just use it like you use Windows.

73 Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User