synching files

stan stanb at panix.com
Fri Oct 30 18:17:21 UTC 2009

I find myself moving certain files around a lot lately between a machine at
work, and a laptop, and a machine at home. I want to automate this a bit.
Now I could probably script this fairly easily, but I was wondering if
someone had written a tool for this.

here is what I have in mind. When a USB stick is plugged in find it's unique
ID, if this ID matches a list, then check the files in a certain directory
on it versus the files in a directory on the machine. Make the files in
both be whichever has the latest timestamp.

Any suggestions as to useful packages for this?

programs.