Good Idea for new users

Loïc Grenié loic.grenie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 15:02:40 UTC 2009

2009/10/30 Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1 at gmail.com>:

>        I think that the Karmac 9.10 version of Ubuntu should be
> offered with advice to use the ext3 file system and the Grub
> version 1 boot.

    I've used grub2 on my Debian 'puter for a long time and I've not
  had any problem (well I've had some but *I* created them).

    As for ext4, I've not tried it ever so that I don't have any first
  hand experience, but it has been included 1 year ago as a
  "stable" filesystem in Linux, so that I dare think it works
  relatively well -- if not perfectly.

     Your advice does not look so sound to me, but I've a very
  limited experience (3 computers and 2 similar distributions).

     Loïc