Confusion with wubi...

mdovell at comcast.net mdovell at comcast.net
Fri Oct 30 01:53:16 UTC 2009

I finally gave up burning iso's and went with wubi...it works but I'm a bit confused.

Now when I book the pc I get a choice of windows xp or ubuntu
selecting ubuntu I get a list of ubuntu, safemode, other os, windows xp ? and also
this partition of 8.04 (which isn't bootible because it was never fully installed)

My confusion is this.
ubuntu 9.1 seems to be telling me it is taking up 30 gigs of 100 it has
windows is telling me it is using 35 out of the 74 (the hard drive is 160 total)
is there a way to delete a partion and either add to the remaining
partitions or use as just space. I'm just confused because some of these
numbers don't seem to be adding up correctly.

Having said that though 9.10 is excellent. I actually can use the built in microphone
now with no problems.