PDF Editor...?

Fred Roller froller at tnclimited.com
Thu Oct 29 13:36:24 UTC 2009

Ian Coetzee wrote:
> My guess is it will just be easier to "print" those parts out by
> reprinting the relevant pages (I am assuming that the languages are on
> different pages).
>
> I usually do that to a pdf, by using "pdf creator" under windows,
> however I have no idea how to print to pdf under linux, maybe someone
> else can fill that blank spot in for me.
>
> HTH
>
> On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 2:40 PM, Larry Shields <larryesu at charter.net> wrote:
>
>> *Is there a good pdf editor, I have a manual which is in the pdf format,
>> the first part is in english, the second part is in spanish*...*So that
>> part I would like to edit out, which would save alot of printing & paper...
>>
>> Thanks for any help any one can offer...
>>
>> Larry
>> *
>>
>> --
>> Powered by Debian/GNU/Linux
>> by Ubuntu ver 9.10 Karmic
>> 73 de Larry/wd9esu 33yr's A.R.O.
>> Reg# Linux User 484593
>>
>> "This is Linux Country,
>> on a quiet night you can hear
>> WINDOZE ! Systems REBOOTING !!"
>>
>> GPG Fingerprint: A4D2 BFC2 B21B 8F7A C336 EFDC 7039 3CA5 3332 076E
>> Public Key available from subkeys.pgp.net
>>

>> --

Print to file, choose pdf, name file, choose location.  If you would
like to edit the document itself then from with in the document:

    ctrl+a -> right click -> copy

open an open office writer document:
    Applications -> Office -> Openoffice.org Word Processor

in the new document:

    right click -> paste

from here you should be able to edit if your document carried over well
enough.  Once you are done first save as a document (click save) then
export to pdf if you desire:

    file -> export to pdf

if you like you could also explore the pdfto* programs in command line:

    pdfto[tab][tab]

froller at metis:~$ pdfto
pdftoabw   pdftohtml  pdftoppm   pdftops    pdftotext

which will convert a pdf to a number of formats.  Hope this helps.

--
Fred
www.fwrgallery.com

"Life is like linux, simple.  If you are fighting it you are doing something wrong."