question about mailing lists license ,

Thu Oct 29 12:08:30 UTC 2009

a dehqan <dehqan65 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why don't you read question exactly ?

Your question, as far as I can tell, is being answered exactly. I would
suggest that if you're getting answers at odds with what you want to
know, you might be asking the wrong question.

> question is ubuntu mailing license , does it have any licnese if
> yes , Is it against to a mailing list license if *someone who gives
> answer allows* that his/her notes/answers to be copied into a
> non-free book ?

It has no explicit license to the best of my knowledge, but there are
likely implicit restrictions and rights afforded to the list
contributors, maintainers and readers. None of us (the contributors) are
qualified to inform you on this topic, though. As said above, Canonical
are who you want to speak to, specifically their legal team.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk ;)