Backup a Video DVD

Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Wed Oct 28 20:50:30 UTC 2009

I have been trying all day to back up a DVD on my Ubuntu 8.10 system.

What I would like is a copy of the DVD that appears the same when I put
it in the DVD player as the original.

I tarted looking at Brasero and Gnome Baker but they do not do Video DVD
only Data DVD.

dvd:Rip works but I do not know what to do with the .rip file on my hard
drive.

k9copy says it can not open the DVD, even though dvd:Rip had no
problems.

Now I am playing with DVD Movie Backup on the Ubuntu 9.10 system. It
started and showed progress, and when it stopped 15 minutes later, it
had created a .ISO file that had 0 bytes in it.

So I googled: ubuntu copy dvd to dvd

Brings up dvd:Rip but
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/DVD::Rip
But I still do not know what to do with the .rip file.

The page has a pointer to k9copy page
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/K9Copy

but I still can't get it to even open the DVD.

Why is this so hard? Does anyone have step by step instructions?

I have 2 DVD's that I need to backup. And I started 6 hours ago, still
have nothing.

Kip
--
Kipton Moravec AE5IB .- . ..... .. -...

"Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
--Mark Twain