laptop locked

Daniel Dalton daniel.dalton at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 28 03:55:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 09:17:20PM -0500, Tab Gilbert wrote:
>    information before they can provide assistance.

Sorry

>    What version of Ubuntu?� Is it up to date?

it's running 9.04, I didn't think 9.10 was out yet?

>    What laptop model?

Sorry I'm blind so I won't be able to read that off the unit unless
someone knows of a software way of finding that information...

>    Was everything working and then just stopped?� Detailed information is

Well I installed some speakup kernel modules, and rebooted, I believe
everything was working fine, but then when I moved the unit to a new
location, it didn't work so good. I think i might have pressed something
on the bottom of the system as well during the relocation process ...

>    Based on the information you have provided I would guess it is a hardware
>    problem.�

Yes, I think so.

And it's having these problems both on the power and on battery.

Thanks,
Dan