Starting a live session of Ubuntu

Peter Reid koorooba at bigpond.net.au
Sat Oct 24 00:02:08 UTC 2009

I'm very new to this and have created a CD with an ISO to download and run a
live version of 9.04  onto my AMD64. I verified the checksum before
proceeding and it changing the bios my computer boots the CD in the startup.

I selected the option to run Ubuntu with out altering the existing system
(ie XP) and it works fine until it asks me for a username and password which
I cannot find any previous reference to or which secure section of the XP
system it is attempting to access.

If I progress further I would like to have a dual boot system with XP on a
separate drive and Unbuntu on a second available drive and on this one
having a swap section.

I have been searching and have so far unsuccessful.

I would appreciate some help

Thank you

Peter Reid